Adobe announced the immediate availability of a new version of Adobe Photoshop Touch, optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android smart phones.
Inspired by the highly successful Photoshop Touch for tablets, the phone app brings core features of Photoshop desktop software to mobile devices and offers similar intuitive, touch-based gestures and features.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers powerful new capabilities for smartphone users:
- Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud with free 2GB of storage
Adobe Create Cloud Workflow Integration
Photoshop Touch for phone is integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud and includes access to 2GB of Creative Cloud storage with a free account. Users can sync photos and projects to Creative Cloud, and then continue working with the files from a tablet or Photoshop desktop software. Creative Cloud is a radical rethinking of the entire creative process and an industry-defining shift in creative expression and inspiration, where members can explore, create, publish and share their work across devices, the desktop and the Web. Visit Adobe Creative Cloud for more information.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone is immediately available in the Apple App Store and Google Play for US$4.99. For iOS devices, the app requires iOS 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation; Android phones must run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.