Ambient Design launched ArtRage for iPhone powerful physical paint simulation software for the iPhone 4 or later.
Based on the award-winning ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro, ArtRage for iPhone provides an unprecedented creative experience on the go that lets users of all skill levels explore natural painting on the iPhone for a live simulation of the properties of real paint.
Express Your Artistic Side with Your iPhone
Priced at only $.99 for a limited time, ArtRage for iPhone lets users express their artistic side with their iPhone with easy to use painting and drawing tools that work like the real thing. It not only places color on a canvas, but it also keeps track of how much paint there is and how “wet” it is, so colors can blend under the brush. It also incorporates canvas grain and drier pigment textured effects and allows Layers to be added to the painting so users can work on individual elements without damaging others. Photos can be imported to smear around like oil paint or used as a Tracing Image that can be overlaid on the canvas.
Designed Specifically for the iPhone – Actual Live Simulation of Properties of Real Paint
Designed specifically for the iPhone, ArtRage for iPhone is compact, maximizing the creative space without hiding critical functions, such as tool and color selection. As the user paints, controls move out of the way so they don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels. In addition, with support for Multi-Touch gestures, important shortcuts are also available without the need of any interface. “ArtRage for iPhone fits the iPhone perfectly as a painting platform,” said Matthew Fox-Wilson, Creative Director, Ambient Design. “It’s not special effects software, it’s an actual live simulation of the properties of real paint.”
Demos of ArtRage for iPhone at CES 2012 Available
The different versions of ArtRage will be shown interacting across iOS, Mac OSX, and Windows platforms at CES 2012, Las Vegas, January 10-13, 2012 at a private suite to be announced.
ArtRage for iPhone Features:
Real Oil Color:
– Oil Brush with thickness and smearing.
– High quality strokes respect the volume of paint on the canvas, letting artists play with texture as well as color.
– Palette Knife for spreading and blending pigment.
– Paint Tube for laying down thick blobs of oil.
Sketching Tools that Interact with the Canvas:
– Pencil for sketching or shading.
– Eraser and Flood Fill.
– Each tool comes with a set of variant types for different effects.
– Inking Pen with auto-smoothing for crisp illustration.
– Crayon for waxy shaded lines.
– Export PNG or JPG by email, or export to the Photos App.
– Import photos to a new file or a layer.
– Use the camera as a source for New Files, References, Layers, or Tracing Images.
– Add Layers to the canvas with easy adjustment of opacity and visibility.
Easy Access to Tools & Colors:
– Easy access pods in the corners provide important functionality without getting in the way.
– Elements vanish as the user paints so they can paint underneath without having to stop.
– Multi-Touch provides instant shortcuts for canvas manipulation and Brush Size.
– Quick Reference and Help cover the basics of the application.
– Tap and drag tool selection allows tool selection in one quick gesture.
– Unlimited Undo/Redo.
ArtRage for iPhone works with iPhone 4 and later phones and is available immediately priced at $.99 for a limited time (normally priced at $1.99) at: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-iphone.html. In addition, there are versions of ArtRage for iPad with sale pricing of $4.99 (normally $6.99) available from the Apple iTunes Store and more advanced desktop versions of ArtRage 3.5 Studio and Studio Pro for Mac and Windows, with sale pricing of $19.90 (normally $39.99) and $49.90 (normally $79.90) respectively available at www.artrage.com